ERNEST N. EVANS - 360th BS
(Lt Evans assigned to 360th BS: 19 May 1944)
(Upgraded from Charles D. Crook CoPilot to Pilot on 28 May 1944)
1Lt Ernest N. Evans (P)(1),
2Lt Stanley L. Fisher (CP)(2),
2Lt Theodore D. McDevitt (B/N)(3)
T/Sgt Clifford D. Bachman (E)(2),
T/Sgt Benjamin H. Smith (R)(2),
S/Sgt George Kepics (BTG)(2),
S/Sgt Robert J. O'Hearn (WG)(2),
S/Sgt Clarence L. Cogdell (TG)(2)
Six other Navigators and Bombardiers flew on the
crew's missions. See the 360th BS Anthony J. Cecchini Crew Page for
photos of some of the Evans Crewmen
Fourteen Missions flown by the 1Lt Ernest N. Evans crew:
163 (28 May 1944), 165, 166, 171, 172, 174, 175, 176, 177, 179, 180, 181, 184, 186 (20
Other Crewmen who flew with Lt Evans:
- 1Lt Ernest N. Evans (P) - Missions as CoPilot: Lt Charles D. Crook crew -
twelve missions (89, 91, 92, 95, 97, 98, 100, 101, 102, 103); Amon E. Earhart
Crew - five missions (136, 137A, 139, 140, 141); Five other Pilots - five
missions (122, 129, 135, 155, 158). Upgraded from Co Pilot to Pilot on
orders dated 08 May 1944. Last fourteen missions as Crew Pilot.
- 2Lt Fisher (CP) and all enlisted crewmen, Bachman (E), Smith (R),
Kepics (BTG), O'Hearn (WG) & Cogdell (TG) flew all of their
last fourteen missions as members of the 1Lt Evans crew and were original
members of the Anthony J. Cecchini crew.
- 2Lt Theodore D. McDevitt, rated as both Bombardier and Navigator.
Flew on all of the Evans crew missions - As Bombardier (163 & 165).
As Navigator (other 12 missions).
- 1Lt John W. Cottrell (Mission 163)
- 2Lt Frank A. Edwards (Mission 165)
- 2Lt Rexford I. Proud (Mission 166)
- S/Sgt Kenneth E. Nebhut (Missions 171, 172, 174, 175, 176, 177)
- S/Sgt William E. Lovett (Missions 179, 180, 181, 186)
- Sgt Charles D. Rice, Jr. (Mission 184)
[Researched by Historian Harry D. Gobrecht]